Tuesday 8 May 2018

Changing weather

We have had a few days of sunny weather, on Saturday I managed to run the washing machine from the solar without damaging the batteries. CHS put the whirly line up and I got the washing dry in the sun too.

I turned the mattress over a while ago and I'm now on the slidy side so I keep waking up hanging off the edge. I think we will have to buy a new mattress, no doubt it will be very expensive. It will have to be made in two parts with a zippered join.

CHS is back at work and back on the late shift so I'll be going to collect him about 9ish. He has at least one more week of lates if not more, I hate this shift as it is the most disruptive.

No childcare today, SIL had a days holiday so there was no need for me to go over to look after dgd. DD's course only has a couple more weeks to run and then I will be less in demand.

I did a small shop, I found minced beef and lamb shanks both reduced. I filled the car with petrol, went to the bank and then came back and pottered about.

It clouded over a while ago and it looks like rain so I've attached the sides to the pram cover and pulled it up so the rain won't get in and the stern should keep dry.

3 comments:

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

The weather is lovely although it looks set to change at the weekend.

Rambler said...

If you are thinking that a full mattress won't fit through the boat door, have a look at 'Orthopedic' mattresses which are delivered tightly rolled and considerably cheaper than twin zipped ones. I have had mine for 7 years now and can heartily recommend them.
(just check with seller that it will be delivered rolled.)

myshabbychicvintagefrugallife said...

Sorry i had to laugh , Its my sense of humour , Thinking about you sliding out of bed lol , We were very overcast here yesterday but it only spit spotted of rain xxx

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...