Saturday 19 May 2018

Accidents happen.

I was taking CHS to work on Friday only to find the A4 was closed due to a serious though fortunately not fatal accident, we had to divert through to Burghfield and into Reading that way. CHS was about an hour late for work.

Once I'd dropped him at work I parked my car and caught a bus into central Reading, I then caught another bus to the Royal Berkshire Hospital. CHS's hearing aid needed repairing.

There is a shortcut from the main entrance to the hearing centre. Unfortunately the flooring was being refurbished so I had to walk all round the outside of the hospital to reach the hearing centre.

After the repair was completed I caught a bud back I to central Reading and then another back to my car.
Unfortunately there had been an accident outside the fish and chip shop. So that part of the journey was also slow. Eventually I reached my car, did a small amount of shopping and then returned home.
I left home just before 11 a.m. I didn't get home until 5:30.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

It is after reading things like this Hester that I thank my lucky stars that I have ended up living in the sparsely populated Yorkshire Dales.

Chris said...

What a long and, I'm sure, tiring day. I would have been thoroughly frustrated by it all. Did you manage to stay calm and retain some sense of humour about it all?

Hard up Hester said...

Well I managed not to brain anyone Chris so I'm taking that as a plus.

At least it is usually peaceful on the cut Weaver.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I live on the edge of a small town that has a major port and the road in is a single lane A road. There is always accidents which means diversions. We left our daughters one night and it's normally door to door 20 minutes. 1.5 hours to get home thanks to detours!

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.