Sunday 3 September 2017

Making money, spending money

I'm now have some 'one off' boat cleans booked for next week on top of my regular bookings, so there is a trickle of money coming in.
Next month will be my final pay packet and it will be only about £300 so I need to keep building my customer base.

We have ordered a new fridge/freezer £169. We finally found somewhere that had one in stock that we could look at and measure.
We've also bought a new gangplank that doubles as a rescue ladder and a brollymate.
It fits on the tiller and will hold a brolly or a small whirly washing line.

We lit the stove today as it's rained all day and was pretty chilly. The cost of having the stove lit was slightly  offset by using it to make lunch. I opened 2 tins of soup and stood them on top of the stove. I had pea and ham, CHS had mushroom. The soups  were piping hot in about 20 minutes, this also cut down on the washing up as there were no pans to wash.

3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

You really seem to be settling down into a new and exciting routine.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Your cleaning business is going from strength to strength, you'll soon have an army of cleaners and you can retire! 😂

pollyanna said...

That gangplank sounds like a versatile and very useful buy .
Keep up the good work and don't forget us when you're in charge of a thriving nationwide company as the Anne Maurice of boats .
polly x

It's been rough.

We've had a few difficult days. The weather has been nice and sunny though not particularly warm. I'm not sure what triggered Steve ...